Summer is always an exciting time, ideal for creating lasting memories with your family. You can spend a day in the park, at the pool or the beach, or even organize an indoor party for your kids. However, you might find yourself running out of time and ideas, trying to find the perfect surprise for your child.
Whether you’re in search of a kids’ party venue in Phoenix, AZ, or you’ve decided to set the stage yourself, read on to learn some useful tips and arrange a memorable summer bash.
How do you throw a summer birthday party?
Who says that in order for a birthday fete to be successful, you have to go through a lot of stress? In order to keep the kids happy and your mind at peace, follow these step-by-step guidelines to ensure you have everything covered:
- Pick a date, time, and place. These are some of the first and crucial questions to ask before you even think about arranging any event. The duration of the event will depend on the age of the birthday boy or girl. If you’re hosting a birthday bash for a toddler, make it short and engaging. On the other hand, preschoolers can generally tolerate up to an hour and a half. You can also choose whether you will host the party at your own backyard or house, at a community park, or indoor playground.
- Create a to-do list. After you have picked the location and time, a thorough checklist will keep you organized and prevent you from getting overwhelmed. You don’t want to burn out while trying to plan this special event for your kid. Also, make sure that you adjust everything to your budget, so each item on the list should include an estimate.
- Make a guest list. If you are hosting a pre-school party, make sure to consider all kids from the class. For older children, stick to close friends and family members. Also, make sure to decide whether you will accommodate parents or just ask them to pick the kids up after the event.
- Pick a theme. If you want this day to be truly special, choose a theme that reflects your child’s current interests. It can be a beloved TV show, favorite movie, cartoon character or any other obsession. Some people go so far to make sure that each detail reflects the theme, from invitation cards to the cake. The level of detail is entirely up to you.
- Consider entertaining activities carefully. Not all activities will be equally engaging for everyone. Therefore, pick sets of activities that will give the guests freedom to choose. Keep a timetable of activities to keep the show running. You might outsource some of these responsibilities to professional hosts, magicians, or clowns. However, be careful, as some kids could get scared of overly costumed characters.
- Stick with classic foods and drinks. Safe options that most people enjoy include pizza, cake, or some ice-cream. You can have soft drinks, but a healthier option may be preferred. As for adults, it may be smart to provide some different food or drink options for them, but don’t forget that you aren’t throwing a get-together for parents, so keep these options limited.
- Be creative with the birthday cake. Of course, the birthday cake is at the pinnacle of your priorities. You should save it for the second half of the event. You can also include a pinata, a brownie tower, or a watermelon cake, as a healthier and refreshing alternative.
Where can I find a kids birthday party venue in Phoenix?
You reside in the Phoenix area or anywhere in the vicinity of Rosson House Museum, but you don’t feel that you’d be able to host your kid’s birthday event at your own place? Fortunately, there are many options, especially if you are looking for a day-long entertainment for you and your kids.
Here at Uptown Jungle, you can find an environment where your kid can enjoy numerous engaging activities that can boost physical prowess and confidence. You might be interested in hosting a back-to-school party, or if not, you can always enrich your holiday by visiting one of the playgrounds with your family.
Contact us today to find out more about all the advantages before you drop in.